Friday, October 2, 2009

Psalm 72Psalm 72 was written by King David to his son Solomon. It may have been a dying blessing from a father to a son; from one King passing the torch to another. And how sweet and beautiful it is for David to ask God to endow his son with the wisdom and grace to know and do his duty. I too would ask of God that my ministry reveal decency, honesty, fairness and wisdom through me. My prayer is that my ministry prospers and grows as I advocate for those who may benefit from my service. I know that the principles that we teach and use will endure “…as long as the sun, as long as the moon, through all generations”. And I love the gentile image of my service falling “…like rain on a mown field, like showers watering the earth”. Bringing peace and comfort to those dealing with illness and death, and those providing care giving is my calling, and it is my intention to allow Spirit to speak through me in such situations. I plan to use my ministry from “sea to sea” as well as to the desert (maybe Texas?), for wherever my ministry takes me, I will be. Psalm 72 is part prayer, poem, and prophesy, not only of King Solomon’s reign, but, it is said it is a prophecy of the kingdom of the coming Messiah. And I intend to use the Christ Consciousness in the delivery of my ministry. I have no expectation or desire to have anyone bow down to me or give me presents. I only expect to be of service. I will try to follow the example of the Master Teacher and learn to love my enemies. I will see with the eyes of Spirit that the ‘needy’ and the ‘afflicted’ are precious children of God, whole, perfect and complete, exactly as they are. I see oppression and violence as metaphors for problems that need to be overcome. I expect to use my talents, knowledge and SOM principles to help my clients to rise above their present circumstances, know that they are not alone, or at least, see things in a different way.And I trust that God will provide whatever is needed to ensure that this ministry will thrive. May people pray for me and bless me every day and to God goes the Glory.
September 27, 2009 2:07 PM

1 comment: