Regional Class: Metaphysical Bible I
Instructor: Rev. Guy Williams
Holmes Institute
Los Angeles Campus
Thought Paper on Psalms 72
Prepared by: Les DeMarco, RScP
It is interesting to see that there is a mix of messages between what is actually contained within the names located in this psalm. Though there may be ample truth to what I discovered in the names, I do not correlate anything towards a ministry except that if I were to glean anything from this psalm, it would only be through some definite searching for something that very well, might not be there. Upon first read it seems confusing and unmeaningful.
I reviewed the names within the psalm through research in the metaphysical dictionary, but this all seemed like it was talking about balance and manipulation.
I went further to try to uncover some hidden meaning that what I could find at a face value read and started trying to find any single word from the psalm in the dictionary.
As far as my ministry is concerned, this psalm reinforces that it would be served through clear thought, and peaceable justice. I also relates to the body of the ministry as well as my individual body. It is nice to see that there is reference to the body, and the body that I would view here, in context to a ministry is: What is the body of my church? Is it well nourished; bathed in truth’s light? How does the way I keep my body affect my ministry? Is the body of the congregation capable of understanding what I am saying and teaching? Do I turn inward often enough to support a vision of wholesome growth? Is there anything in me which battles with my consciousness for the right to maintain constant focus?
Certainly, I, if I can be called that, must be guided and guarded. Do I know that I could get up and raise a church up to see the kingdom of heaven, within themselves and those who may occupy a seat next to them on Sunday? Do we really know such a thing?
I like that there is so much reference to intelligence and faith in this psalm. And it is only through this right use of intelligence that faith is strengthened.
After reviewing every word that I could find within this dictionary, I discovered that all the words supported the definitions of previous words. I saw plenty of positive and negative energy, healthy and unhealthy body stuff, limited thinking and rightful thought, as well as soul-full actions and those actions that are less than desirable.How this relates to my ministry, is really challenging for me, seeing as I don’t even know what that looks like yet. I surely wouldn’t want to pretend that I know at this point.
Friday, October 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment